Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Infographic for Teens and Mobile Apps Privacy

Playing around with infographics is fun! Now that I've played around in a few different websites, I can officially say that I am trying to figure out a way to integrate this into the classroom. This would be a great book report or biography alternative. Imagine the looks on your students' faces when you tell them that they have to do a research report, then show them examples of infographics used as school reports. I guarantee you, you'll have a lot more buy in than assigning a traditional paper.


Easel.ly gives you the option to start with a blank template or use one of the many premade templates and edit it with your information. With it being my first time creating an infographic, starting with a blank template was a little overwhelming. I added a background, then my main idea, and then hit a creative wall. None of the templates really suited what I was looking to do, so I moved onto the next website.

Piktochart has only a few templates to choose from before you have to upgrade to the pro version of the
website. However, even though there are a few templates, those few are pretty fun and user friendly. I knew that I really wanted a good graph (or two) in my infographic so I played around with the few that had graphs, and found that they weren't as pretty as I was hoping. This website is definitely worth another shot.




Infogr.am is definitely the winner today. The templates are super user friendly, and make it look like you

spent a lot of time on them. The graphs are what sold me though. There are lots of creative graph options. You can input your data and then play around with the graph style until you find one that suits your needs. The other main point for me was that I could continue to add graphs, text, or images and make my infographic as large as I needed. The other websites had a set page size.


I recently read an article about teen mobile app privacy. It was full of data that was just begging to be put into an infographic. Here is my first ever infographic. It's definitely not up to Pinterest standards yet, but I think I've caught the bug, and I'll be looking for more excuses to create another!

No comments:

Post a Comment