Wednesday, March 11, 2015

If I Stay


Mia is a musically talented 17 year old. The love of her life is almost the polar opposite of her, but they’re magnetic together. Mia and her family are in a terrible car accident. Mia is left in a coma but having a total out of body experience as she sits beside herself on the way to the hospital and listens to the family and friends who come to visit her. She struggles to accept what has happened to her and her family, and then must make a choice to slip away for come back.

If I Stay, is a New York Times Bestseller Young Adult Novel. This was a super fast read, I couldn’t put it down. I wanted to see what happened next! The writing was simple but effective and a perfect book for any highschooler.

Chapter 5 What Makes a Book “Good”?


If I Stay is what YA readers are reading right now. Not all of the books listed on the NYT bestsellers lists will be homeruns for everyone, but it certainly gives readers who are stuck or looking for their next read, a leg up. Almost every book that I’ve chosen to read from the NYT bestsellers list has been amazing. I would highly recommend checking the NYT bestsellers list or some other book ranking site, like Amazon.

Forman, G. (2009). If I stay: A novel. New York: Dutton Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment